The EM D01NE is a (I think) HSDPA PCMCIA card. The driver for the modem comes with Ubuntu 7.04 (Maybe before). I get about 2Mbps from it (max is 3.8).
Getting this setup in Ubuntu is easier than getting it setup with Windows. The only gotcha is that you have to install Gnome-PPP first, since it doesn’t come with Ubuntu. I’ll try later using gnome-network-settings and report it in another post.
- First install GNOME-PPP using synaptic or apt-get
- Run it and press the setup button
- Press the detect button, it should find /dev/ttyACM0
- Speed: 460800
- Phone Line: Tone
- Volume: High
- In the Init Strings change Init2 to ATH0E1
- Leave Init 3 alone
- Leave Dial prefix empty
- Username: em
- Password: em
- Phone number *99***1# (Some people have success with just *99#)
These instructions come from http://d.hatena.ne.jp/hayamiz/20070616/1181994636 (Japanese)